Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. We offer assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF Ukraine is looking for:
TRANSLATOR (ZHYTOMYR CITY)
- Translate documents from / to English language into Ukrainian/Russian one upon request.
- Translate discussions / meetings as requested.
- Ensure confidentiality of all translation is maintained.
- Ensure neutrality and accuracy when translating.
- Declare any “conflict of interest” when asked to translate (e.g. personal involvement) which another staff member would be required for translation.
- Performing administrative tasks required by supervisor (arrangement of meetings, minute taking). Providing necessary feedback to supervisor following discussions and negotiations. Assisting with report writing (CF and Government required reports), ensuring that all meeting minutes are recorded and that translated documents are properly filed.
- Inform international staff about local customs, tradition, etc., that will help understand better the context and better communicate.
- Always keep respect towards beneficiaries, collaborators, authorities, military factions and staff participating in discussions.
- Translator degree (English).
- Desirable computer literacy (word).
- Previous working experience required. Desirable with MSF or other NGOs.
- Two years minimum in a similar social job; experience with MSF or other NGOs, desirable.
- Fluent English, Russian and Ukrainian
Location: Zhytomyr – Enerhetychnyy Lane 7.
Type of agreement: Civil law agreement three to six months – Open for extension.
Closing date: December 17th, 2021. Desired starting date 3rd of January 2022.